Curses!
Yes, I'm jumping on the posting bandwagon as it were. I fear for my life should I avoid the commandments of Mr. Sunshine...and for the first time in over a week, I have a little time for some blog-lovin...heh.
Strike 1. On Wednesday, I managed to get my act together and leave with Roomie because we both had to be at work super-early. There we were, merrily rowing along on the blue line, when horror of horrors! the train wouldn't move after our penultimate stop. One of the train car doors wouldn't close. According to the man on the intercom, a mechanic had been summoned. Roomie had the wherewithall to suggest that we take the bus. Half an hour after the time I wanted to get to work, I arrived.
Strike 2. On Thursday, I woke up at 5:45a so that I could shower before my scheduled Peapod delivery. Somewhere around 7:00a the guy shows up. I have plenty of time to get ready. I contemplate going back to bed. Um....yeah, I woke up the second time sometime around 8:30a...in my bathrobe...with wet hair. I think I literally leapt up and got ready at light speed. Sometime around 9:30a I roll into the office.
Upon reading my e-mail, I discover that the partners on this case I was recently staffed on had an impromptu meeting at 9:00a and that an 11:00a conference call with our client has been scheduled. Hmmmm, what to do? what to do? besides completely flip out - shit shit shit!!!! Needless to say, the day was off to a terrific start.
Strike 3. This morning, I woke up to crappy slushy rain - you know, it wants to be snow, but it just can't quite get it together, so it's mushy lumps of water falling from the sky. I trudge along to the train station with each step making me look more like a rat than a human. I get on the train. Yep, you guessed it - another hold-up. Only this time, I felt guilty for being annoyed. On the train ahead of us, a passenger was very ill and an ambulance had been summoned. I was waaaay too tired to fight my way off the train to get outside to the bus stop, stand in the rain for another fifteen minutes, only to have to be crammed against a million other people. So, I just stood there.
My new version of hell is being stuck on a train crammed full of wet, sweaty, poofy-jacketed passengers with no where to go and no way out. The CTA hates me, and I think I'm cursed. Is it time to go home, yet?

1 Comments:
i hate the wet rat feeling one gets when walking in the rain. this morning, i had a drop of water fall on my head from somewhere way up...at least, i hope it was water...and it hit the top of my head and then started the inevitable slide down toward my forehead and eyes...yech...
Post a Comment
<< Home