Office Space
So here's a question--at what point will we succumb to the Dilbert/Office Space type of activities that corporate offices do without even flinching? Like, company sponsored fun runs or "wear your cowboy hat to show your spirit day." That day will make me sad and feel old. Today is the birthday of some paralegal on my floor. There's going to be cake and some singing by his door this afternoon. Perhaps I have a low threshold, but I find this both awkward and overly office-y. I kind of like my current relationship with this paralegal, which consists of grunting at each other on our way to/back from getting coffee and grunting at each other on our way back to/from the bathroom once the coffee has processed.... As of this afternoon, I will have eaten his cake and stepped into the new position of friendly co-worker. Boo.

1 Comments:
y'know i don't have a problem with forced eating of birthday cakes, and at my old office birthday cake eating was usually accompanied by tequila drinking at 4 PM on a friday, so i'm really okay with that too...but i shudder to think of having to wear a cowboy hat. to work.
Post a Comment
<< Home