Monday, October 31, 2005

Well, I don't know what everyone else did for All Hallows Eve weekend this year, but I had a somewhat unconventional, non-traditional Halloween weekend. It was fun nonetheless. I went to the Matt Nathanson concert with Mr. Sunshine and his gf, Daisy. We also invited another friend we haven’t seen in a looooong time because Roomie had to go out of town to be the Good Son. Let’s call her “Rapunzel” because she’s been locked up in her office on the umpteenth floor for several weeks doing nothing but work. So the four of us enjoyed some snarky sex humor and good music for half the show.

I did not go to a Halloween party this year. The prospect of going to a party this year just wasn’t quite as appealing as going to the ones we had down in good ‘ol HP at The House. Instead, on Saturday, I went shopping, yes, again, and it was baaaaad. I refuse to disclose how bad. And then, in the midst of my Firefly watching, I received a surprise visit from Mr. Sunshine and Daisy! Yay! I can’t remember the last time that friends just dropped by. Hee. Sunday is a fun day in our apartment. Roomie and I both become very do-mes-tique. There’s usually lots of cooking going on as I’m usually trying out a new recipe from the Cooking Light magazine, and he’s preparing his dinners for the week. Last night, I forced Roomie to watch My Best Friend’s Wedding as we got drunk on wine during the cook-fest. And then as always, Roomie was falling asleep in the midst of Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy.

But, what Halloween weekend would be complete without a good story? I aim to please, so here's yours for this Halloween Monday. Okay, maybe it's not a good story - meaning, it's not exactly good, nor is it a story, but it does involve a dead man. Yes, Baler is as of today dead in the water and might not ever be blog-worthy again. Why you ask? I know you’re all just riveted to those computer screens day after day longing to hear the juicy details of my love life. (If you can’t sense the sarcasm, we need to talk.) One week after I spent what I thought was a very good weekend with him, I still have as yet to receive a phone call…after I sent him a note thanking him for spending time with me…after he suggested to me that he would call…and well, after hooking up, I deserve a phone call dammit! And Roomie, along with the majority of my Friend-Trust who could bear to listen to Malek obsess some more, agrees. Yes, you may now sigh with relief. Quite possibly this will be the last you hear of Baler…not unlike another personage of Halloween fame:



The End. Happy Halloween!

1 Comments:

Blogger voxqueror said...

Hmm...I'm not sure that I really believe that Baler is dead. What if he's a zombie? What if there is a Night of the Living Dead? I don't know about y'all, but I'm going to keep my axe handy, just in case.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home