My First Ticker Tape Parade
Right now, outside my office, I can hear the speaker on the platform leading the White Sox celebration rally. I gotta say, the energy in the air today is infectious! I stepped out for lunch and got swept into the moment. Two of my co-workers and I stood at LaSalle & Lake and watched the floats go by. At one point, one of the signs on one of the floats got stuck under the El. And then, we saw the team come by - balloons were flying, jet streams of ticker tape were shooting into the air, and the crowd was screaming. Later jets came soaring overhead, and then fireworks! I stood there on this beautiful October day with ticker tape in my hair and just took it all in. Chicago is happy today, and boy does it show.P.S. Another has joined the fold. Looks like something's in the air...something other than ticker tape!

1 Comments:
i guess this is the parade that cathy referred to as being in my honor? shouldn't i have had my own float out there? why didn't anyone tell me i was having a parade?
Post a Comment
<< Home