Monday, October 31, 2005

The Score

Well...it's official. I HATE this god-damned old house. For those of you not up on my renovating, things had seemed to be going pretty well. My plaster was redone, my radiators stripped, my galvanized pipe replaced, my basement re-done...things were looking up. But no more. I just had a very reputable floor guy come in to see me and it turns out that one layer of my kitchen floor contains asbestos such that no flooring company would be willing to rip it up. However, he oh-so-helpfully told me that I could rip it up myself and probably be fine. Thanks guy...and you'll be paying my medical bills if I end up with cancer, right? And to my horror on Saturday night, a mouse decided to pay me a visit. I chased it around the kitchen with a broom, chaotically swatting in its general direction. I freaked out and put mouse/rat poison all over the kitchen. And then today I descended into the basement to try and dismantle the tower of junk my brother and his lovely wife left behind. As I was digging through a box of random bottles of home-related chemicals and rags, the box started to make noise. I kid you not. I think the mouse was in there. That, or I was just having some kind of paranoia attack. So of course I freaked out, put poison all over the basement and ran for the hills. I am being out-witted by a rodent. Just in case you are keeping score....Mouse: 2; VQ: 0.

1 Comments:

Blogger voxqueror said...

well, it's the glue in the vinyl floor that contains asbestos, so actually if they seal it off with another layer of floor, then it'll be okay. but when juan and christina come back and re-do the kitchen they'll have to seal it off from the rest of the house in case when the remove the floor from the 60s dust is produced.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home