Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Breaking Out

Until yesterday, I pretty much have been busting out of the office at 5:00p everyday. All that changed at 8:50am. I came in and the red light was on! Lo and behold, the damn thing works! Moreover, someone wanted me. But wait, what if I was in trouble for something? Well, how could I be in trouble? I hadn't done anything yet. Okay, deep breaths. I listened to my message.

Yay!! A new assignment! I hadn't committed some obscure ethical violation that would prevent my attendance at our swearing-in ceremony on Thursday! Later in the day, another assignment - inconceivable!! Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I was open for business. Until....

3:00p the beginnings of disaster took root. I'll spare you the incremental details, but let's just say that at 8:00p I was on my way to the emergency room. Yours truly had broken out in HIVES. Yes. Sometime around 7:00p I had a freak-out session; I frantically called every single person I could think of - all to no avail. Tall White Chick, who is a doctor, was on call. Roomie was mysteriously not at work or picking up his cell (he was at the gym). Mr. Sunshine to the rescue! He calmed me down and told me where to go. I climbed into a cab and headed on over to the ER. And proceeded to sit there for 2.5 hours as the hives continued to ravage my body. Gross, ain't it? I was so frustrated! I just needed 2 little pills; why wouldn't they give me the damn drugs???!!! Finally, FINALLY, at 10:45p, I was administered my steroids, benadryl, and another allergy medicine. Of course, by that point, the doctors were scared shitless at how swollen I was. UM, HELLO.

Now, aren't you glad I didn't post a picture? Just in case you're wondering, I'm better now. At work and ready to get busy. Thank goodness. I know, I know - I live such an exciting life. Someone please take it away from me before I really hurt myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger ettennel said...

POOR THING!!! Any idea what caused it? Glad you're ok. (btw--wait'll you see the ER bill...more hives might be in store.)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Malek said...

Nope. I confuzzled the doctors. We couldn't figure out what caused it. I might go see an allergist in a couple of weeks.

11:25 AM  
Blogger voxqueror said...

so it wasn't food related? that's weird...but i too am glad the swelling has gone down...

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home