Tuesday, November 29, 2005

S.O.S.

People, I have really hit rock bottom. I am officially BORED.

These are the days when I wish I had a hand-held gaming system. I would shut my office door, put something “useful” looking on my computer screen, spread out papers across my desk and commence to play. Yesterday, I spent three hours reading random blogs on the internet. I am going crazy. This is quite possibly the most bored I have ever been – and consider this: I remember sitting in front of my computer making a production log as a legal assistant thinking to myself, “I have GOT to get out of this damn job; my brain is going to rot.” Little did I know that it can be worse after you’ve gone to law school and you work for a firm. Yes, I think I'm even more bored than I was when I had to sit through Nussbaum's class, divorce practice, or even international law, and as voxqueror knows, that's really saying something for me.

Not that I haven’t tried to keep myself occupied. I have read all of those damn orientation packets and the firm policies on benefits, vacation, pay, bonuses, raises, sick leave, and sexual harassment. All of those materials are now labeled, have file folders, and are neatly stowed away in my credenza. I have organized my e-mail messages and created folders for every matter I have worked on thus far. I have even printed off maps of all the floors of this firm and highlighted the offices of partners who I have not yet met.

One way or another, tomorrow the boredom must end. And to that end, this I vow: tomorrow, I will make the rounds, and if that doesn’t work, so help me, I will go down to the nearest store and buy myself a PSP.

1 Comments:

Blogger voxqueror said...

more bored than in international litigation? is such a thing...POSSIBLE?

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home