Monkeying Around
Can you believe it's Summer Associate time...again?? It occurred to me as I was taking my Little Sib summer associate out to lunch that it has been three...yes, THREE...years since I was a summer associate. That was pre-3L year, pre-bar exam, pre-first-year-of-law-firm-life...and you know what? I had a really really hard time remembering what that was like. That summer, I was living with Harper in my dirty 3-bed/2ba apartment on 53rd and Dorchester, sneaking peeks out the office window late at night to watch Batman being filmed right around my office building, and I think I was enjoying my weekends. I think.
Come to think of it, it's also the season of studying for the bar exam. Okay, there's a period of my life that I hope never to repeat again. Aside from PMBR weekend, and spending July 4 at Helmholz's house, there's nothing - I repeat, NOTHING - about that to wax nostalgic about. Except for being done and getting to read Harry Potter 6 the day after!
Now, it's all working on weekends and being an official monkey for the firm. Research monkey? That's me! PR monkey? Yep, right here! Token diversity monkey? You got it. I AM YOUR MONKEY. Now, if only I could figure out how to be the vacation monkey.... :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home