Friday, February 16, 2007

When the Cat's Away....

I'm not sure if I missed an e-mail or I was doodling during a meeting when this was announced, but apparently today is the Partners' Retreat. There are no partners here in the office. HOORAY! It's not as if somehow my workload is lighter, but there's a totally different mood in the office. It's quiet, a lot less frenetic, and in some weird way, some of the pressure's off.

Even as I'm basking in the reduced e-mail traffic and the silence of my phone, I can't help but wonder, what do partners do at a retreat? I don't think it's strictly business because they've already had their meetings regarding salaries, new policies, and partnership decision. Plus "retreat" to me implies that they're doing something at least somewhat (or supposed to be) fun. At the very least, I think it implies some sort of team-bonding-crap. They didn't fly off to an exotic locale so it's not as if they're playing golf, going to the spa, or sunbathing by a pool or ocean. Which leads me to picture all of them somewhere doing trust circles, indoor rock climbing, and taking trapeze lessons. Only given the physical shape that a lot of these partners are in, I really really hope that's not what they're doing.

Maybe their retreat is just dinner and a movie. That sounds pretty good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home