Turkey Time Again?
I don't know about you, but I cannot believe it's that time of year again. And while I feel that it's crazy to think that a year's passed, at the same time, I feel so far removed from how I felt last year. Just for nostalgia's sake, I re-read the entry I wrote this time last year. And man, I was so chipper and excited and happy. My sister's now-fiancee was coming to spend the holiday with my family and work was relatively easy and laid-back at work. All of this was reinforced by my conversation with Holster last night. He reminded me that last January when he came to visit, my outlook was good, I was happy and embracing life. A lot sure can change in ten months....
This year instead of going home for Thanksgiving, I'll be here working through the holiday. Part of it is that I hate traveling over the holiday weekend. The other part of it is that I've made a bargain - I'll work through Thanksgiving so I can take a week off in December to spend with the family. I'm very worried about making my hours this year. Oh, how the billable hour rears its ugly head!
I'll still be having my turkey and stuffing and sweet potatoes and green-bean casserole though. Tall White Chick, who will be coming off call (poor girl), and I have planned a small holiday dinner for ourselves. Of course, if we're too tired too cook, as long as I have plenty of liquor to knock me out, it'll be holiday enough for me ;).
Hope ya'll have a great Thanksgiving! Eat an extra turkey leg for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home