Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Brrrrrrrr!

For those of you in warmer climates, I'm sure the memory of Chicago cold has long left your minds, and luckily, your bodies, too. For those of us still here, well, we're bundled up in scarves, gloves, hats, long underwear, thick woolen socks, boots, and heavy coats. It is ass-cold outside today. If November left any doubt in our minds, Winter is here. The onset of Winter kills my desire to do anything that requires walking more than two blocks. I will henceforth be lunching inside my building far more frequently and scurrying home each evening to bury myself under a mound of blankets.

Next week, Roomie and I are doing some speed dating to spice up the humdrum routine. And uh, I'm sure it will be fun, but as the date gets nearer and nearer, I'm starting to dread going through what can only be summed up as on-campus interviewing for dates instead of jobs. Well, if I don't find someone to snuggle up with this winter, I guess the extra fat rolls from my non-activity won't be bad company. Heh. At any rate, I'll let you know if any good stories come out of it. Goodness knows, I could use some material for this blog.

Hope you're staying warm where you are!
Happy Tuesday, folks!

1 Comments:

Blogger ettennel said...

Ooh--keep us posted on how speed dating goes!

yesterday it was in the high 50s here and people were shivering--made me smile.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home