Getting Right Back On The Horse
Call me crazy, but there's at least one good thing about dating websites.
Last night I went on what I think is possibly one of the worst first dates I've ever experienced. This was particularly disappointing because the e-mail banter with this guy was great. I'm serious - funny, clever, flirty. Things were looking promising. I guess the expectations were just too high.
In any case, I'll spare you the details and just tell you that I was annoyed, disappointed, a little depressed, but after a cup of ice cream and a good solid rant to Roomie and Miss Saigon, I was feeling pretty good this morning. And what was waiting for me on my little website? Another e-mail from another interesting and interested person! Having another potentially good interaction to look forward to makes the disappointment sting a little less. No lag time, no time to mull over the possibility that I should try to go on a second date (no way!), and best of all, no time to obsess over why the date was so bad. Just moving on...and hopefully, moving forward.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home