Obsession Revealed: Baler
Yay! I'm glad to see some of the ladies have signed on! Woo-hoo!! Hopefully, once my pictures get develope, I can post a few pics of the fun and exciting places I went to this summer, but in the meantime, I've an obsession to share.
Let's call him, "Baler" - I’ll explain later, maybe. Important facts: Baler is one of those rare men in my life where the attraction was instantaneous, and basically hasn’t snuffed out yet. Okay, he may very well be the only one thus far in my life. In any case, for the past six years, Baler and I have never been in the same place at the same time for more than two weeks at a time. Hence, we only have flings. Well, a couple of weeks ago, we flung farther than we’d ever flung before…and man, did I need it…. But that’s beside the point, really. Here’s the weird thing. Usually after our flinging, Baler gives me the perfunctory, nonchalant call – you know the one that’s completely inane, but basically says in secret code, “Everything okay? You don’t hate me, do you? You’re not going to go batshit and get serious now, right?” And then we never talk to each other again until chance brings us together again the next time. Maybe there are a couple of random e-mails, but nothing really. This time, no call. So I have to ask you, why stray from the well-established pattern, dammit?!! Do you know how upsetting this is? The absence of the call sends a myriad of upsetting messages: “I’m done with you.” “You were bad in bed.” “I just realized I’m no longer attracted to you.” You get the idea. In any case, not calling is just RUDE. I was pissed.
After much agonizing over this and trying to play it cool and after 10 days had passed, I called him. He wasn’t home. I left a message – very short, something along the lines of “Hey, just wanted to see how the rest of your weekend went. It was nice seeing you. I guess I’ll talk to you later.” He called me back. We had the inane conversation for 20 minutes at which point, I decided to make up some reason to get off the phone. How did he respond? “Okay, well, call me anytime.” EXCUSE ME? I just did, bud; maybe you should call me next time. Ugh. So the question is this: even before this, I was planning a trip to the city that he lives in to visit friends – do I get in touch with him while I’m there?
What do you think, chattymchat? Anyone can comment, but I think everyone else on this site is bored of hearing this story. Heh.

2 Comments:
Apple Launches Groups
Apple has launched a new subscription service that enables consumers to share information with like-minded individuals in a blog-like format - although they're not really blogs.
Your blog rocks ! I'm definately going to come back!
I have a recordingssite/blog. It pretty much covers recordings related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
i don't know if i would call m'dear. you have to ask yourself if its worth the angst that may arise should this "let's hang out over a casual lunch/drinks/dinner" call not go the way you want it to...
Post a Comment
<< Home